Last Updated: 24th May 2021
This Policy does not cover any information collected during clinical trials or other research endeavors that Sangamo participates in, sponsors, or is affiliated with. For information about clinical trials, refer to the Information and Consent form for that trial or study.
Information Collected by Sangamo
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us through our website. If you contact us through our website, we will collect your first and last name, email address, and the contents of your message. If you contact us through one or our clinical trial websites, we will collect contact information you provide, such as your name, email address, and phone number, your location such as your zip code or city and state, and information that we need to qualify you for a study, such as your age, gender, and diagnosis information.
Communication with Us
We collect personal information from you when you communicate with us, for example when you contact us or apply for a job.
Forums and Social Media
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or device, which may include your IP address, geolocation data, device identification, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access our Services, and the page or feature you requested.
These technologies are small data files that we transfer to your browser or device that allows us to provide and enhance our Services. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of these technologies, but this may prevent you from accessing some features.
We may use analytics service providers, including Google Analytics, to collect information regarding visitors to our Services, such as their behavior on our Services or information about their demographic. For more information about Google Analytics, see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. At this time, we do not respond to nor honor Do-Not-Track signals from web browsers.
How Sangamo Uses Personal Information
We use the information we collect about you for various business purposes as described below.
Provide, Personalize, and Improve our Services
- Fulfill your requests for products and services
- Process applications and transactions
- Determine your eligibility for clinical trials and studies
- Allow you to register for events
- Analyze how you use the Services
- Understand interest and engagement on the Services
- Research and develop Services
- Improve and streamline our Services
- Communicate with you
- Other purposes you consent to or are notified of at the time you provide personal information
Protect you and our Services, and comply with the law
- Detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity
- Ensure quality control
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud
- Debug to identify and repair errors
- Enforce our Terms and policies
- Audit or other compliance activities
- Comply with our legal obligations, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good
De-Identified and Aggregated Information
We may use personal information to create de-identified, aggregated information such as: information about demographics, de-identified location information, information about devices used to access our Services, and de-identified, aggregate information.
Automatic Collection Technologies
Our use of automatic collection technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, and local storage objects fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary: Technologies that allow you to access our Services and use our features, and tools that help us identify irregular site behavior and prevent fraudulent activity or improve security.
- Performance Related: We may use technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytics practices to help us understand how individuals use our Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use technologies that allow us to offer enhanced functionality on the Services, such as keeping track of your specified preferences.
We may use third-party APIs, which may allow third parties to collect personal information about you for various purposes, such as to conduct analytics, create content, otherwise streamline the Services. For more information about our use of APIs, contact us as described below.
How Sangamo Shares Personal Information
We do not rent nor sell your personal information in personally identifiable form to anyone, except as expressly provided below.
We have not sold personal information for valuable consideration in the last 12 months. For a list of categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for a business purpose in the last 12 months, see below.
We may share your information with our affiliated companies.
We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf, and we need to share your information with them in order to provide products or services to you. Unless otherwise stated in this Policy, our service providers do not have any right to use the personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Protection of Sangamo and Others; Legal Compliance
International Data Transfers
You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to the United States or other countries which may have data protection laws that differ from laws where you reside or do business. We have taken reasonable safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected, and we require our third-party service providers to provide appropriate safeguards as well.
We do not knowingly collect nor solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as described below.
Privacy Rights and Choices
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to contact us or use some features on our Services.
You may also have privacy rights including:
- Access Data: You may have the right to receive a copy of data we have about you.
- Request Correction of Data: You may request that we update information we have about you.
- Request Deletion of Data: You may request that we delete information we have about you.
- Request Restriction of or Object to Processing: You may have the right to opt in or opt out of certain uses of your data or to object to all processing of your data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below.
We will process your request in the time and manner required by law.
To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by asking you to verify your email address. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights. If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a privacy request for you, please contact us as described below.
We store personal information for as long as you use our Services or as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes or establish legal defenses, enforce our Terms or other agreements, engage in audits, protect our Services, prevent fraud, comply with the law, or for legitimate business purposes.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please contact us at:
Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc.
7000 Marina Boulevard
Brisbane, CA 94005